[OM] Vivitar series 1 28/f1.9

Subject: [OM] Vivitar series 1 28/f1.9
From: dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:19:02 +1100 (EST)
I've just come across a nice OM2 with attached
vivitar series 1 28mm f1.9 lens, all for A$395. My
quandary is that I want the body (my SO is not so
keen on the OM1 I got her as she is used to auto
mode)but not the lens, but the dealer wants $299
for the body only (or $250 for the lens only)! I
know the series 1 are supposed to be nice, and it
sure is fast, and probably even has nice bokeh
having 8 blades and all, but 28mm just isn't my
cup of tea. I do have a serviceable 28, but I only
ever use it caving when I don't want to get my
preferred lenses muddy.
Getting to the point, what do people around here
think the lens is worth (glass was perfect,
8 mechanically)? If I could get maybe $200 for it
then I would consider getting the package.
TIA
Dylan