[OM] For Your Viewing Pleasure

Subject: [OM] For Your Viewing Pleasure
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 00:46:42 +0000
This past weekend we had good weather and I actually used the OM gear!
Went out without adult supervision (sans spouse), was able to use the
tripod and shot some panoramics with the 28mm wide angle.

Created the composites and the thumbnails are here:
http://www.geocities.com/kd7xg/panoramicphotography/360gallery/360panoramicg
allery.html

(Your mail reader may wrap the URL, if it does "glue" it back together on
the browser line!)

Currently working on interactive pages that allow spinning around inside
the full size images.  It's my first shot at this stuff so there are a few
rough spots if you look for them.  The sun is low in the southern sky now
and forgot to ensure the lens was fully shaded; the first four have flare
from the sun beating directly on the lens front element (in spite of a
hood).  Saw it taking the fifth one and shaded the lens with my hand.
Looks like locating the rear lens node for center of rotation needs a
little more work too.  The first is about 180, the second through the
fourth are a full 360.  The dweebs at Qualex skipped a frame during the
scan on the fifth, so its about 330 degrees (the CD has gone back for
scanning the missing frame).

I know there are at least a couple list members who have been shooting
panos.  Curious about what focal lengths have been used and what seems to
work best.  Also looking at getting a wider lens.  Can't afford a super
wide zuik at this time and looking for recommendations on third party super
wides that don't have a lot of barrel or pincushion.

Also wondering if anyone has ever tried puting a video camera 0.5x wide
angle adapter (with 49mm ring) on the front of a Zuik?  Does it work and
how well (or how hideously)?

Enjoy,
-- John