Re: [OM] OM wide angle or vivitar zoom?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM wide angle or vivitar zoom?
From: "imagineero ." <imagineero@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 06:57:50 PST
Hi Folks,

I'm new to the list, but am learning a lot from your dialogues. I >guess I am asking for opinions-which very wide angle lens to I buy? >I appear to have the choice of either a 21 mm zuiko or a 17-35 >vivitar. I will use the lens mostly for land/mountainscapes. Any >suggestions?
Thanks
Noel

Of course, you buy them both! Only kidding.... If you can only afford one of these lenses the zoom would definitely be the way to go, though you'll probably get bitten when you resell it. The zuiko would hold it's value better and possibly rise in value. Zooms at the wide angle are very useful though, even 1 or 2 mm makes a huge difference. Have fun.