Re: [OM] Vapour-Zuikware info @ e-SIF

Subject: Re: [OM] Vapour-Zuikware info @ e-SIF
From: Frank van Lindert <Franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 20:57:35 +0100
On Wed, 10 Nov 1999 15:58:29 +0100, "Hans van Veluwen"
<mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>: In Houten I have also bought a mysterious item. It was a so called F7P
>: macro cord, with on one end a plug fitting into the F280 socket and on
>: the other end a 2.5mm plug as for the early motor drive or winder. So
>: only two wires in that cable are used. Anyone knows what this is?
>: I haven't tried it, but it seems to be a release-only facility for the
>: flash - but for what purpose?
>
>Now let me see, what does the e-SIF have to say about it?
><click, click, click-click>
>http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/om-sif/flashphotogroup/macro_cords.htm
>Ah yes, I knew I've read about it. I even recall mailing to this List a few
>months
>ago, to no avail, so I mailed to Oly Japan and they solved the mystery, or so I
>thought.
>It and its counterpart the T5P Macro Cord (for the T32) are intended for the
>OM-707, and allow this camera to use smaller apertures than F4, which is
>otherwise
>always selected.
>Because I have never seen one of these cords, and Oly Japan failed to send me a
>picture or a description of their looks, I just assumed they looked just like
>the
>ordinary Shoe Cords, and used the picture of the Shoe Cord F in the e-SIF.
>But you say it has a jack plug? Mystery re-enters. The OM-707 doesn't have an
>auxiliairy flash socket, does it? Does the cord look like it's modified? Or
>maybe
>a part is missing - the part that goes into the camera shoe, having a socket,
>and
>allowing you to use either the T5P or the F7P Macro Cord?
>
>H@nz
Hello Hans.

Of course (!) I checked the e-SIF before posting my question, but it
was exactly your picture which confused me.
The cord certainly has not been modified (jack plug has the coiled
spring around it just as on the M-cords) and no parts can be missing
because the small box (which came with the cable) doesn't allow for
any.

I will send you a picture of the item for replacement of the e-SIF
one.

Maybe someone recognizes it and knows what it's for.

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.