Re: [OM] Pen/OM Adapter?

Subject: Re: [OM] Pen/OM Adapter?
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 20:20:04 -0500
William,

You can't mount Pen lenses on an OM body, as there are no adapters available. Also, I bet the image circle wouldn't be large enough from a Pen lens to cover the 36mm dimension of a 35mm frame. Remember, they were meant to cover 18x24mm.

The OM lenses mount fine on Pen F/FT bodies, provided you get the adapter. Olympus made them for quite a while when the OM system was in full swing. I paid $125 for mine mint. They go for up to $175, which I think is too high. Check out my OM sale sources page and you should find one. http://www.skipwilliams.com/Olympus_Gear_For_Sale.htm They also come up on Ebay from time to time. I didn't know that there was a "new" adapter being made, as I see by the other response to your message.

Be aware, OM lenses can only be used in a stop down mode on Pen F/FT bodies. But I've got some great pictures with them on my Pen FT body, I especially like using wide angle and short telephotos like the 100/2.8.

As for the quality of the Pen F/FT lenses. They're a cut above, but don't expect them to compete with modern lenses, remember they're 60's, single coated lenses. But I like the Images I get. I've got 5 Pen lenses, with more to come someday.

Skip