Re: [OM] Re: OM2000 (was "The New Kid On The Block")

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM2000 (was "The New Kid On The Block")
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 10:44:50 EST
In a message dated 11/11/99 10:16:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I think the OM-1 is probably still the champ for astro-photography and will
>  not be displaced by other models, I'm guessing (but I'll defer to others on
>  this).

The key thing that the OM2000 is missing that the OM-1 has is interchangeable
focusing screens. These are really a must have for doing astrophotography.

I also understand that when the OM2000 is used in bulb one of the LEDs stays
lit, so for long exposures you need to take the battery out (I believe the
LED will even fog the film on very long exposures).

Paul Schings