Re: [OM] Slide duplication

Subject: Re: [OM] Slide duplication
From: Richard Lahrson <tripspud@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 22:20:42 -0800
> > Recently I bought the Oly slide duplicator (2nd hand $60), together with
> > some TTL cables to use the T32 separate from the OM2n.
> > I know Kodak has a special slide duplication film (slide from slide), but
> > what about a copy on negative film? What is the best film to use? Most of
> my
> > slides are Kodachrome 25 or Kodachrome 64.

Hi!

     The best internegatives from slides are 'enlarged' to sheet film,
4 x 5 inch.  This avoids a lot of problems.  I did this professionally
years ago.  I had the C-41 chemistry set-up, then I'd make C prints
from them and process in a Calumet basket line with nitrogen burst and
a replenishment program.  Prints were good and folks paid.  As they
should, it's a real hassle!!

    I realize that this is not hobbyist equipment.  Today, a more
attractive alternative choice is using a scanner and printer with
the computer for color prints.  But then, nowadays, I only print black
and white.

                                Cheers,

                                                Rich Lahrson
                                                tripspud@xxxxxxxxx