[OM] OM slide copier

Subject: [OM] OM slide copier
From: Chris Barrett <cpbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 14:26:09 -0000
Dear Paul,

You wrote:

"Recently I bought the Oly slide duplicator (2nd hand $60), together with
some TTL cables to use the T32 separate from the OM2n.
I know Kodak has a special slide duplication film (slide from slide), but
what about a copy on negative film? What is the best film to use? Most of my
slides are Kodachrome 25 or Kodachrome 64."

I've used this setup, with a T20 (the T32 should work OK). The advantage of the
flash over daylight is the colour balance is less variable.

As to the film, you need something slow, with a low gamma. I've tried using
Kodak 100 ASA but I lose shadow and highlight detail. The best I've found is
Kodak 25 ASA. It works better but not perfect. Also its harder to find these
days.

Chris Barrett
Malvern