Re: [OM] Vapour-Zuikware info @ e-SIF

Subject: Re: [OM] Vapour-Zuikware info @ e-SIF
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 15:28:15 +0100
Frank van Lindert wrote, concerning the Macrocord F7P:

: I will send you a picture of the item for replacement of the e-SIF
: one.

The new picture is incorporated in the e-SIF, thanks.

: Maybe someone recognizes it and knows what it's for.

I had a little off-line discussion with Frank and one suggestion (given by the
salesman of the Cord) was that it was for the Power Bounce Grip 2, supposed to
trigger the flash manually. Because I wanted to know for sure I mailed Olympus
Japan for the second time, hoping to get some more information, and got the
following reply:

: Dear Mr. Veluwen:
:
: I am sending you a copy of instruction manual for Power Grip 100M
: in which you will find how to use the Macro Cord and the working
: distances.
:
: Thank you.
: S. Takezawa

So that's it. Apart from the Power Grip 100 and Power Flash Grip 300 there
appears
to be a special Power Grip 100M (let me guess - the M for Macro) that allows the
OM-707 to use smaller apertures with the 50mm/F2.8 AF lens than F4, when used
with
the F7P or T5P Macro cords and the F280 or T32.
I've changed the pages and when I receive the manual I'll add the extra data.

Hans van Veluwen

The Unofficial Olympus OM Sales Information File
The Olympus OM Webring
http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/ (main site)
http://members.xoom.com/veluwen (mirror site)