Re: [OM] Voigtlander VS Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] Voigtlander VS Zuiko
From: David Irisarri Vila <valicors@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:44:07 +0100
Dear Zuikholics,
        Thank you for beeing so kindsome with your answers about
this topic "Voigtlander vs Zuiko" Sorry for not having replied
before but I´m in my last year of Pharmacy in one university
far from my home; and I only can enjoy with Olympus mailing list
on friday and saturday. ;-(
        I´ve seen this person again, and I´ve asked her for the
Voigtlander lenses names.

Voigtlander Color-Skoparex 2.8/35 LENS MADE IN JAPAN
Voigtlander Color-Ultron 1.8/50 LENS MADE IN SINGAPORE
Voigtlander Color-Dynarex 2.8/135 LENS MADE IN JAPAN
(I´ve seen shots taken with this last lens; and wide open, is
sharp but maybe at f8, f11 is terribly sharp) This lens must
have 8 blades, because I´ve seen its bokeh with 8 faces.

I send you where they were developed, because I think if they
were made in Japan they should have excellent coattings.
I also have written to one person who knows about this topic
and I would like to show you his comments in order to mix
everyone´s knowledge and search for one good solution to
build this OM adapter.
Please if you know something about this, don´t hesitate to
write...I would be very pleased to hear everybody´s opinions.

Best regards,

Dave

>I agree, however I would not expect them to be that much better than >the
>Zuikos, possibly the original poster has a problem with his OM body or >lens.

I can´t evaluate OM lenses as Gary does with his outstanding tests,
but I have one 50/1,2 and I know that has better resolution than
my 50/1.8 wide open, and has much better contrast than 50/1.8

Subject: Re: Olympus OM and Voigtlander
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 01:13:21 -0600 (CST)
From: Robert Monaghan <rmonagha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: DAVID IRISARRI <valicors@xxxxxxxxxx>

rollei SL and Voigt. VSL share common lens mount,  I am told; so
from http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/mounts.htm registration distances

Rolleiflex SL35         bayonet                          44.60mm
Olympus OM              bayonet                          46.00mm

see http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/bronmounts.html on lens mount adapters;

in short, there is only 1.4mm for thickness of the mount adapter; my
guess is that a mount would require use of an optical adapter design (1.1x)
to provide infinity focusing; only a few places make these; Cambridge
Camera in USA would be the place to contact about possible mounts they can
make or have available; that said, the rollei QBM lenses are relatively rare
and most such adapters are for the most common lenses to popular mounts like
OM, Canon, Nikon, pentax-K, and so on. Not impossible one exists, I just
have not seen one listed.

might be worth asking on some of the Olympus or rollei mailing group lists,
see pages and links at http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/mf/albro.html under
camera resource pages - lots of OM types and sites

hope this helps - regards bobm

* Robert Monaghan POB752182 Dallas Tx 75275-2182 rmonagha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  *
* Bronica 6x6 medium format: http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/bronica.html site *
* Medium Format Cameras: http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/mf/index.html megasite*