Re: [OM] Re: [OMPractice bombs

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OMPractice bombs
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 19:00:05 -0000
Dirk Wright wrote:

>I had a mamiya c220f for a long time. One trick you can do with tlr's is to
>hold it over your head at arm's length upside down, look up to compose, and
>shoot. If you stand on a chair at a wedding to do this, you get a nice over
>all shot, especially if you have a wa lens on it.

Up periscope!
Yes, and with variations on the theme you can use this method for:
Candids around corners;
Paparazzi-type shots while hiding behind dustbins;
Composed shots over high fences, etc.

For those not having used a TLR before, you can get an idea of what it's
like to some extent by fitting a Varimagni to your OM with plain matte
screen and viewing and focusing only through that - without switching on a
meter of course, nor winder, and loading only 12 exposure films!

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx
http://homepages.which.net/~k.berry