Re: [OM] Vapour-Zuikware info @ e-SIF

Subject: Re: [OM] Vapour-Zuikware info @ e-SIF
From: Frank van Lindert <Franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 21:59:59 +0100
On Fri, 12 Nov 1999 15:28:15 +0100, "Hans van Veluwen"
<mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>So that's it. Apart from the Power Grip 100 and Power Flash Grip 300 there
>appears
>to be a special Power Grip 100M (let me guess - the M for Macro) that allows
>the
>OM-707 to use smaller apertures with the 50mm/F2.8 AF lens than F4, when used
>with
>the F7P or T5P Macro cords and the F280 or T32.
>I've changed the pages and when I receive the manual I'll add the extra data.
>

>Hans van Veluwen

I agree, Hans, that if this special 100M grips does indeed exist it is
the solution to our problem. A few other questions come up now...

Considering the length of the cable, which is only a few inches, the
it can be used only when the flash is on top (in the shoe) of the
OM77. This makes sense, because otherwise there wouldn't be enough
elctrical connections between the flash and the 77 to make the flash
control work - the jack plug on the grip end of the cable has only
two. But I have read texts (maybe in your SIF) which said that the
macro cord allowed for off camera control.
I must conclude that this is impossible, even when macro more or less
asks for off camera flash... and maybe the AF illuminator in the flash
would also exclude off camera use of it.
If I am right I tend to think more and more that the OM 77 flash
solutions show very poor design...

Anyway, I now am the proud owner of a F7P macro cord. I doubt if I can
ever use it - fortunately it came very, very cheap!

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.