Re: [OM] Scanning negs v. trans

Subject: Re: [OM] Scanning negs v. trans
From: Tom Trottier <Tom@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 17:23:34 -0500
At 07:57 1999/11/12 -0800, you wrote:
>Phillip Franklin wrote:
>I can get a roll of 36 35mm negs processed
>> at a good lab for less than 2 bucks in about 15 minutes!  So I think
>> negs are great for every day work which will probably never be used for
>> anything bigger than 4  or 5 inchs on a quality press.  For on-line web
>> site work ... it's almost as easy and offers better output than most
>> high quality digital cameras .
>
>Hi Phillip and the Olympus list!
>
>     What's the cost per print for 4 x 6 prints in paper and inks?  I'm
>still a 'lurker' at scanners and printers.  I guess it depends on the
>quality of the paper?
>                               Thanks!
>                                               Rich Lahrson
>                                               tripspud@xxxxxxxxx

The photo lab is cheaper & looks better. I get developing, 24 prints & 24
copies for Cdn $6.99(~US$5).

For an 8 1/2 x 11 on inkjet, ink is about $1, and good paper, another $1.

Tom
From:Tom Trottier, 400 Slater St. Suite 415,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7S7
    __o  Voice: +1 613 291-1168 fax(no ads, please): 594-5412
  _ \<   "Make it as simple as possible, but no simpler" - Einstein
(*)/'(*) TomTrottier@xxxxxxxxxxx