Re: [OM] Vapour-Zuikware info @ e-SIF

Subject: Re: [OM] Vapour-Zuikware info @ e-SIF
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 00:11:43 +0100
FvL wrote:

: But I have read texts (maybe in your SIF) which said that the
: macro cord allowed for off camera control.

Duh. You wrote me privately you got that from Paul OlyGuy! vTuyl. Not the most
reliable source of Oly-info, I'ld say. That's why he has put a link towards my
pages... Ok, ok, my previous version of the page was incorrect because OlyJapan
did not give me all the data I needed :-(<<

: I must conclude that this is impossible, even when macro more or less
: asks for off camera flash... and maybe the AF illuminator in the flash
: would also exclude off camera use of it.

I agree. While waiting for the manual Oly Japan promised me, I concluded for my
self the flash has to be put in the camera's hot shoe, since the cord is not
designed like the shoe cords. Perhaps at the minimum focusing distance of the
50mm/F2.8 AF macro lens (20 cm) the flash beam of the F280 will just cover the
subject.

: If I am right I tend to think more and more that the OM 77 flash
: solutions show very poor design...

Hmm, not only its flash solutions, as I've understood.

: Anyway, I now am the proud owner of a F7P macro cord. I doubt if I can
: ever use it - fortunately it came very, very cheap!

Like the design of the OM-707...

Hnz