[OM] Cosina 2000 (was "OM2000"(was "The New Kid On The Block"))

Subject: [OM] Cosina 2000 (was "OM2000"(was "The New Kid On The Block"))
From: Jim Lawler <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 19:23:48 -0600
I've been watching this thread closley as I am decided on an OM(?)
purchase in the near future and have this question.

According to the information at
http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/om-sif/bodygroup/om2000.htm

the OM 2000 "wasn't even manufactured by Olympus at all. Instead it is a
slightly patched design from and made by Cosina."

Does this have any impact on the Oly faithful? And what is know about
Cosina in general?

Thanks in advance,

Jim