[OM] photo printers - was: web site update

Subject: [OM] photo printers - was: web site update
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 17:54:06 +0000
Gregg Iverson wrote:

I have not encountered this problem with Reala.  I shot some at a wedding along
with
Fuji NPH 400 and it compared very well.

Perhaps the printers I use have a channel in the machine set up for it.

I have found by enquiring and looking at the results that quite a few labs have
their machines set to boost reds a bit to give warmer skin tones to please the
general masses.

I think it pays to question the lab closely as to what their practices are.  By
doing this I was able to find out that I could ask my local lab them to print
my neg
films with no exposure or colour correction (they use a Fuji machine) and they
oblige.

One thing that puzzles me is that I have been told that the machines can only
vary
the exposure by a full stop.  This seems a bit coarse to me.

Giles