[OM] New Submissions and Submitters to the UOG

Subject: [OM] New Submissions and Submitters to the UOG
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 18:03:41 -0700
Well, it's a bumper crop this time: we have five new submitters and three
returning submitters, all gracing the Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery with
great new stuff.  This raises the total of all submitters up to 67 in the
Gallery, with about three bajillion photos.

Okay, mebbe only two bajillion.

First, the new kids on the block:

Chris Barker, Cambridgeshire, England
=====================================

   Our favourite RAF pilot shows us what he does when he's not flying around
for Queen and country.  ;-)   Nice, evocative shots of places, and an excellent
candid.

Daryl Hurley, Topeka, Kansas, USA
=================================

   "Daryl loves trucks."  And he's got a good eye for other subjects as well.

Roger Imbt, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA

   Roger sends us a single, stunning image of a rose, using his new Camedia
C-2000 digital camera.  Might have to re-think just how fast digital's going to
catch up to film, if I keep seeing shots like this.

J. E. Joza, New York City, New York, USA

   Flowers and plants in the fall, tra-la.  Plus some other good stuff.

Ian A. Nichols, Bristol, England
================================

   Musicians caught in the act, and landscapes as well.  Great atmosphere.

Now, the returning submitters:

Arnab Banerjee, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

   Prolific isn't quite the word.  If he keeps this up, there won't be any room
for anyone else's submissions.  8^>

Gary Edwards, Arlington, Texas, USA
===================================

   A single, spectacular shot of a lightning bolt from a glowering thundercloud.

Michael Goldfarb, Peekskill, New York, USA

   Half-frame shots with the Olympus Pen-EES.  Who says small negs give you
poor photos?  Certainly not me!

Thanks again to everyone who submitted.  Keep 'em coming, folks!  Oh yeah,
added a little counter to the bottom of the home page, 'cause I'm curious as to
how many visitors we get these days...

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/