[OM] Upstate NY OlyFest

Subject: [OM] Upstate NY OlyFest
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 20:06:20 -0600
Well, finally!  I get to meet up with another Olylist member on one of my
many journeys.  Last night (Monday evening) I met Craig Henrikson here in
Albany, NY.  We compared cameras, lenses, etc., and I managed to force him
into sitting through a viewing of my brag-book.  (portfolio).

After discovering that our eyes definitely require different correction, we
checked out each other's lenses on our own cameras.  Strange--not everyone
likes my -2 corrective lenses.  I think we have another 2-series screen
sold though.  I should take up wholesaling the things.  <g>

Craig has a couple cool lenses that I hadn't seen before.  The 85/2 is
really a nice lens with supurb Bokah, but definetely is heavier than my
100/2.8.  His Vivitar 90? (or is it 100mm)/2.8 macro lens is pretty wild.
I haven't seen many lenses of that focal length that go all the way to 1:1.
 Of course, it becomes about a cubit long.  His camera selection looked
pretty nice and was relatively scratch/ding free.  My OM-2S looks pretty
rough compared to his OM-4.  I have a hard time getting two camera bodies
in my bag, but he had three in a smaller bag.

We didn't get a chance to go out and shoot.  It was too dark, cold and
windy.  Only an insane person would venture outdoors on a night like that.
Ok, ok, had I brought my tripod....

Ken Norton