[OM] Slide duplication

Subject: [OM] Slide duplication
From: KenK1ZYW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 10:00:39 EST
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 09:22:46 EST
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [OM] Slide duplication

In a message dated 99-11-15 07:55:43 EST, you, Ken, write:

> I have been taking a HEAVY course on making custom prints - btw if you
>  want to make your own incredable  color prints try the FUJI Chrytal
Archive
>  PRO Glossy type C paper - Knocks your socks off Severe cCear stuff!!!!!!

Please tell us more!  Have you ever printed or used Ilfochrome? How does it
compare?

Properly done, it is better! I also use Fuji NPH or NPS film.  I find that
the local photo Pro's use this paper and film combo - with INCREADABLE
results.

I will be doing alot of Cibachrome processing shortly (Just got back 2800
chromes from a trip to some old soviet republics).  So will be in a better
position to compare each in detail.  I do know that one of the issues with
the Ciba process (and why many of the local pro's labs dont like it) is that
the chemicals are much more toxic. Yet, comparing Ciba with this Fuji paper
and process yields FABULOUS RESULTS!!!! but you either need to master
printing yourself or find a good lab (read expensive).  It takes hours and
hours in the darkroom.

Cheers

Ken M

(btw, I do like the darkroom course work.  I am taking the course with 8
attractive females - and color dark rooms are darker than dark. It is fun
touching.........)