Re: [OM] Cosina 2000 (was "OM2000"(was "The New Kid On The Block"))

Subject: Re: [OM] Cosina 2000 (was "OM2000"(was "The New Kid On The Block"))
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 17:05:10 -0500
A lot of dealers talk about how bad a Vivitar Cosina was, the worst camera
they ever sold, got 800f them back, that kind of thing.  These cameras are
made by Cosina but aren't they made according to the specs demanded by the
buying company?
If Olympus wants a well made subcontracted product, they then do an incoming
inspection in Japan as each shipment comes in.  Maybe the first few
inspections are 100%.
High reject rates of the 2000 could send the entire load back to the
factory.  No quality, no payment.  Then as quality is assured (or seems to
be consistent) only spot inspections are done.
I think the 2000 is a high quality bod for what it is, and probably one of
the best quality bodies in the Cosina family.

John
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South La.  Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 http://www.zuiko.com