[OM] starting point for leonid exposure

Subject: [OM] starting point for leonid exposure
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 08:39:48 -0600 (CST)
I've been reading some of the suggested websites, but still have no
good idea of what exposure touse for shooting the leonids tonight.
I've seen everything suggested from15 seconds to 15 minutes, but am
eager not to waste TOOmuch film on grossover/under exposures.

Using my trusty OM-1n, my 24/2.8, and Fuji CZ-800, what exposure time
/ aperture would you use tonight? I'll be shooting out on the
farm,and may possibly have a mercury vapor light within a mile or so,
but should be able to keep light pollution to a minimum, or at least
behind me.

Imay simultaneously wearout a set of batteries on the 4T that's
currently loaded with Provia 100. Assuming a 28/2.8 (possibly with a
.42x adaptor),what would be a recommended starting exposure /
aperture?

BBB

-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel