[OM] Olympus AutoEye instructions needed

Subject: [OM] Olympus AutoEye instructions needed
From: Mike Stoesz <mstoesz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 20:00:27 -0700
Good evening to all;

I have this EX Olympus AutoEye 35mm CRF (thanks Holger) and woud like to use
it.
The shutter works great on all speeds but I can not figure out how the
auto-exposure system really works.

I have set the EI at 100, shutter at 125, and regardless of the light, the
aperture goes to F/2.8.  I can move the EI selector further than the scale of
EI values, in fact all the way to the "C" on Copal, at which point I get f/22
regardless of light.

I tried to pick a happy medium by setting the shutter to 125 and stepping out
doors in bright sun, moved the EI indicator so the VF readout was 16. That put
the EI indicator near the "L" on Copal, and regardless of the light conditions,
that is where it always came to rest when depressing the shutter release.

Am I missing something? Is the meter/auto aperture device not working properly?

Any suggestions?

I would like to use this camera at PMA in Las Vegas in Feb.

Best to all and thanks in advance,

Mike