Re: [OM] Olympus America and Olympus Japan

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus America and Olympus Japan
From: GSPb <geoana@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 20:19:34 -0800
Hi!  Not sure that I was the intended recepitent of this message . . . .
just wanted to let you know in case you might want to resend it to whom ever
it was supposed to be for!
I was chatting with Gary Reese on the subject of Quick 310's - which is
where you might have gotten my email . . . he mentioned you as a possible
source for repairs of 310's - not sure I want to go that route . . . but I
might be interested in getting an OM-2 body repaired - the 310 PROBABLY
wiped out the flash contacts on one of my OM-2 bodies - no flash will work
with it - and the 310 did almost literally 'go up in smoke' (part of the
circuit board - middle one with the larger transistor got partly melted).
Body otherwise fine (but could probably use a cleaning/lube and oil change,
of course).  I'm guessing that burned contacts might not be fixable w/o
parts and OLYMPUS/America seems to deny the existance of any products 'that
old'!!!!!

George Stiles