Re: [OM] Cosina 2000 (was "OM2000"(was "The New Kid On The Block"))

Subject: Re: [OM] Cosina 2000 (was "OM2000"(was "The New Kid On The Block"))
From: Jim Mueller <webnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 22:40:58 -0600
Another problem that the 2000 has been criticized of is fogging of film during
long time exposures due to the LEDs in the viewfinder. The solution recommended
by Olympus is to remove the batteries. There are some who would scoff at Olympus
for coming up with such a simplistic solution.

However, the Nikon FM2 has the same problem. Nikon also recommends the same
solution.

For my use, mainly astrophotography, the most disturbing short coming of the
2000 is its lack of interchangeable screens. It's too bad that Olympus couldn't
spec out  interchangeable screens and motor drive capability. This would have
made the 2000 competitive with the FM2 at half the price.

Apparently, Olympus feels that the days of film cameras are numbered due to
digital photography; and there's no sense in investing R&D in a dying
technology.

--
jim mueller

8" Dob Improvements