Re: [OM] Cosina 2000 (was "OM2000"(was "The New Kid On The Block"))

Subject: Re: [OM] Cosina 2000 (was "OM2000"(was "The New Kid On The Block"))
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 17:04:31 +0100
John Hermanson wrote:

> The oil on the magnet problem only applies to electronically controlled
> shutters.  Since the 2000 is all mechanical, it doesn't have a magnet, as
> such.

Well, yes I know, but this was not exactly what I meant when I wrote "Will the
OM2000 suffer from *some kind of* "sticky magnet problem" in the future?".

I understand if it looked like I meant the shutter. What I really meant was if
the OM2000 will suffer some kind of problems due to cheap construction like
plastic parts inside instead of metal. (The OM-10 has its cheap parts, and
therefore suffer from it.)

The reason why I ask, is that I at the moment have my OM-10 and three lenses
(35/2.8, 50/1.8 and 75-150/4) lend out to my sister and mother.
It seems that they are hooked on the OM/Zuiko stuff, so I am thinking of giving
them an OM2000 for Christmas. But before I do, I would like to know if I by them
a camera that will last longer and be more free from future problems than the
OM-10. Not that I have any problem with the OM-10, but I think it is good for
comparing - I really can't compare an OM-1N or an OM-2N to the OM2000, can I?
If it seems that the OM2000 will be as good or better as the OM-10, then it is a
good by. But if it seems not, then I will have to consider another body for
them.

Sorry for confusing you all.

--
Regards/