Re: [OM] Meteor shower ??

Subject: Re: [OM] Meteor shower ??
From: Richard Ross <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 10:36:41 +0000
At 08:18 19/11/99 +0100, Erwin Voogt wrote:
>Hi
>
>Europe was at the right position during the predicted maximum of the
>Leonids. However, the weather did not co-operate very well.

Tell me about it :-(  A big, wide band of cloud crossed the UK from about
8pm to, well, sometime the next morning - I'd gone to bed by then ...
First the eclipse, now this.  Both times, in the perfect spot, but cloudy.
I'm glad with my luck I didn't decide on astronomy as a career  ;-(    I
did manage a few nice pix of Hale-Bopp though :-)

Cheers
Richard

Richard Ross
Hemel Hempstead, England