[OM] OK2K & disabling the film advance-shutter lock

Subject: [OM] OK2K & disabling the film advance-shutter lock
From: Dave Bulger <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 06:48:43 -0600
All,

Keeping it short, what's the decided best way to disable that (*&^$^
shutter release lock attached to the film advance lever on my OM2K?  I'm a
left-eye shooter (being a little less blind in that eye than in the right),
and have a normal sized head without the corresponding 1/2 inch dent in my
forehead that would be required to operate this body the way it's
configured now.

If I need to simply bend the plate up, I can do so, but I'd rather take the
lever off the shaft and pull it out that way.  What am I getting in to
here?  I can disassemble computers, Karmann Ghias and my teenage daughter's
arguments for staying out past midnight without problems, but the insides
of cameras scare me.

I've searched the archives and found nothing but unhappy list members on
this topic.

TIA!

Dave