RE: [OM] scanners for dummies

Subject: RE: [OM] scanners for dummies
From: "imagineero ." <imagineero@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 08:22:50 PST
If you're not really scanning big volumes of stuff, and you want high quality at a reasonable price, use Kodak photo CD. When you consider the cost of a good scanner, the time to learn how to use it, the time to do the scanning, the cost of upgradeing your computer and the depreciation of the equipment over time the photo CD really starts to make sense, even more so if you are a medium format user.

Dick,

The relatively low resolution most appropriate for web images seems to make
the high resolution from a thousands of dpi film scanner redundant, unless
of course you're  blowing up a tiny portion of the original's total area.

Nick Smoliga
smoliga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SvT TF12 - Investment Projects
931.454.6947