Re: [OM] Re: OM2000 build quality (was "Cosina 2000" etc.)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM2000 build quality (was "Cosina 2000" etc.)
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 13:11:27 +0100
> I sat down with the OM2000 and studied its "build quality" last night.

Joel,
Thanks for taking the time to look at the OM2000 and the long and good email.

> but the OM-2S is in a class by itself in the sexy shutter competition,
> as we all know.

So, the "S" really does not stands for "Spot", but for "Sexy"! ;-)

> If you want your OM-10 back, I wouldn't hesitate getting your mother and
> sister a OM2000.  If you could find them a good OM-2N or OM-2S, they might
> enjoy this camera more coming off of an OM-10. But that's just a guess.

Well, I really have no use for the OM-10 right now as I own an OM-1N and an
OM-2N.
But I am a sentimental guy, and the OM-10 was my first OM body and the path into
the OM/Zuiko world, which I entered for the first time in 1995 (bought it in
Brisbane, Australia). I will therefore never part from my OM-10!

As for a camera to my mother and sister, I must say an OM-10 may be one of the
better choices after all. They use to do P&S, so with the OM-10 it is much
easier
for them to take good pictures (exposures) than with a manual camera, like the
OM2000.
I have been thinking of an OM-2N though, as I think that is the ultimate camera
-
for me that is, others may think different. I think it has all I need, and I
cannot imagine they would need something more than what it offers. Not for
years.
Sure the OM-10 they now borrow has the possibility to make manual exposures with
the manual adapter, but the manual setting of the OM-2N is better, I think.
Another option is to buy a good working OM-10 and a Zuiko 200/4.

To sum up: I guess either an OM-10 and a Zuiko 200/4, or an OM-2N. *Or* an OM-2N
and a Zuiko 200/4...
It could be a expensive christmas this year...

Anyway, thanks all for all responses.

--
Regards/
  Ingemar Uvhagen