Re: [OM] OK2K & disabling the film advance-shutter lock

Subject: Re: [OM] OK2K & disabling the film advance-shutter lock
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 12:38:13 -0800 (PST)
On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, Keith (R.K.) Berry wrote:

:>Anyone remember the collar lock on the Spotmatics? That was a great little
:>gadget, and easy to operate...

:To their credit, Olympus didn't emulate anything like this on the OMs.
:What's the occasional wasted frame against missing that 'shot of a lifetime'
:because your damned shutter release is locked? Even switched off my OM-2n is
:in instant readiness for an auto picture - that is as long as the batteries
:are okay, there's a film loaded, is wound on, has a lens fitted, the cap's
:off, the case front is down, it's out of the gadget bag, the light is bright
:enough for a sixtieth or more, or a flashgun is attached, switched on and
:charged up - well, I wouldn't want to be impeded by a shutter lock as well!

Don't forget that you actually think and make an effort to take that
wonderful picture instead of just admiring it <G>

/Acer V
--
Whole Sort Of General Mish Mash         <http://student.ucr.edu/~siddim01>