Re: [OM] Re: Adaptall for OM4t

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Adaptall for OM4t
From: Gary Edwards <edwardsg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 20:42:43 -0600
Yes, there ARE versions of the Adaptall 2 mount that will shear off the reset
button on your OM-4(T, Ti) lens mount.  But, you don't really have to chase
down the version that does not - look at the Adaptall as you simulate mounting
it.  If one of the screw heads will pass across the reset button as the mount
is rotated, just fill that screw recess with 5-minute epoxy.  Mine has been
working fine like that for eight or nine months now.  Inspect it periodically
to be sure that the epoxy hasn't fallen out.  If, for any reason, it becomes
necessary to disassemble that mount for service (anyone heard of having to
service an Adaptall mount?) just apply heat to the epoxy with a soldering
iron.  It will soften and you can dig it out enough to remove the screw.

Gary Edwards