Re: [OM] Aug 1977 Nat Geo images (non OM response)

Subject: Re: [OM] Aug 1977 Nat Geo images (non OM response)
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:04:04 -0800
=====I remember saving these scans of bot cover & the twilight shot, both
from the tail of the plane.  Don't bother re-scanning, I've now uploaded
them for anyone who wants to see a copy:

http://www.mawddwy.freeserve.co.uk/natgeo.htm

Simon E.======

Interesting side note.  (To me anyway)

Notice the last feature article listed on
the cover of August 1977.
I hope they didn't conclude that by
the year 2000 we would all be on metric :-)
I remember this debate from around that time and
thought the USA would never convert in our lifetime.
It is one of the stubborn, pig headed contentions
of our dear society.  IMHO of course.

Charlie L.
Sorry for the off topic.  (maybe not)