[OM] cold weather & OM's

Subject: [OM] cold weather & OM's
From: "james olson" <james_olson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 20:26:44 PST
i receive just the digest, but i'm replying to the post regarding cold weather and OM's. i was just in yosemite this last weekend, with an -2sp and-4, and both of them were very cold weather unfriendly. i had to stop using the self timer, otherwise the cameras would lock up. i think OM's are great cameras, but in my experience so far, they are awful in cold weather. (atleast the electronic shutters.)

here's a question to the group: on my OM-4, after the mirror would lock up due to battery failure, and i unlocked it by going to the manaul 1/60 setting, how can the mirror still lock up when i was using the mechanical 1/60 setting? the mirror would lock up when using the 1/60 setting, still..... then i took out the batteries, and the camera worked in the manual 1/60 setting..........

uggggggg.

and another question: who has had GOOD luck with their OM in cold weather, and what body is it???? because i have had such bad luck, i consider getting rid of it all sometimes...........

thanks.