Re: [OM] Cold batteries & OMs

Subject: Re: [OM] Cold batteries & OMs
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:25:19 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Dave Bulger wrote:

> Assuming I keep batteries in my jeans pocket until I'm ready to use 'em,
> how long are they gonna be in the camera until they're too cold to work
> correctly?

Why not leave them in the camera and keep the camera under your jacket?
That way the whole camera stays warm and there will be less of a
tendency for condensation to form on lens & viewfinder window.

> And will they give progressively incorrect readings or will
> they just stop working?  And are the projected temps quoted above cold
> enough to worry about?

Don't know - but since you'll be taking two bodies, perhaps you could do
some comparisons and give us the results?

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |