Re: [OM] More info on Prototype Zuikos?

Subject: Re: [OM] More info on Prototype Zuikos?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 13:53:52 +0100
: > Maybe I (or someone else) already posted this, but "Manuale Olympus" by
: > Giulio Forti (1977) has a 50mm f/2 F.Zuiko.  It is of pancake proportions
: > and the photo shows serial number 100001.
:
: Now here it gets interesting, as the above mentioned book has a picture of a
: 35/2.8 Shift which has either the same serial number (i.e. 100001) or it was
: 10001 (I'm not certain whether there were 3 or 4 zeroes, but I think 4). To
: further add to that: the lens is marked "M-system" instead of OM-system, so
: this looks like a hot item for all the M-1 owners :)))

You're right! Funny, I never noticed it in my copy, but, yes, it really says
'M-System' (page 97). The serial number is 100001, so this would be a generic
number for any (O)M prototype lens? If this sample was never destroyed, it would
indeed, combined with an M-1 body, be worth more than an OM-1n Gold...

Say, does it have to do something with Christmas approaching, that we are now
all
discussing prototypes, vapour-hardware, items never made or so rare that only
one
specimen was produced, dream cameras and stuff like that? Are we getting
sentimental? Do we all live in the past? Is there a future for Olympus OM? What
happens to an OM-2000 body on January 1st? Where can I buy the OM-7007Ti Black
with s/n 100001?

"I want a new body, mine is old"

H@nz