RE: [OM] Re: OM2000 build quality (was "Cosina 2000" etc.)

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: OM2000 build quality (was "Cosina 2000" etc.)
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:27:32 +0100
Hi,

> I don't need a spot metering, nor do I need multiple spot readings or the
> highlight and control with the spot meter. Also I don't need an ISO
> setting between 6 and 3200.

Ha! Zuikoholism demands that you do! ;)

To be more serious though:

> I am simply happy with the center weighted average metering and the other
> features of this body. Like Mr. Keith Berry, I have never felt I need a
> spot meter.

I hear you. For a long time all I had was an OM-40 and I managed to make
(IMO) good pictures with it and didn't really feel that much of a need for a
(multi) spot meter most of the time.

However, there were some occasions where I thought it could be useful, so
this year, after having contemplated doing so for a looooong time I decided
to buy a 2nd hand OM-4Ti, and I have never regretted it.

The thing is though that you may not really feel a need for the 4Ti, but
once you have used it you'd probably never like to get back to the other
makes, at least, my OM-40 is now more or less gathering dust on a shelf...

> Okay?

Sure! :)
We all use the "tools" (I prefer to call them like that, as that way I feel
less guilty when buying some more toys, eehhhhh tools ;) ) we like best, and
if they ain't broken, there's no need to fix them!

Cheerio!
Olafo