[OM] coatings

Subject: [OM] coatings
From: "Lou Riina" <lriina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 19:07:21 -0500
I am close to a purchase of a 100mm F/2.8 lens from a vender. I am unclear
on the subject of coatings on these lenses. He states that the lenses are
not marked as MC or multicoated and that he has never seen this lens marked
MC. I was under the impression that the earlier versions of the lens were SC
and that the more recent, improved lens was MC. He states that discussions
he had with Olympus indicated that lenses were only coated to compensate for
flaws during their manufacture? He states that he has several of these
lenses in 9+ condition and the older models are the ones that have a silver
outer ring. None are marked as MC. Asking price $149. Thoughts/comments?
Lou