Re: [OM] 3 volt battery holder found-New Mystery!

Subject: Re: [OM] 3 volt battery holder found-New Mystery!
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:01:29 +0100
: Hans and others,
: The 3 volt battery holder I have is indeed an Olympus product. It looks very
: similar to the one made for the OM-2. I found  the OM 3,4,2s version listed
: in a January 1992 Olympus US price list. The only exterior markings are
: Olympus and Made in Japan, both located on the battery holder end. This
: version is also about 147cm long. It is very well made and appears to be
: quite durable. I speculate that it is rare. I am willing to trade it for a
: 350F2.8 or 5, 90mm macros. I will do my best to get a photo of it and my 4T
: scanned and sent to you. Gary Faulkenberry

Thanks in advance.

Well, 1999 surely has been a good year for "new" Olympus OM items. First the
discovery of the Macro Cords F7P and T5P, then the Power Grip 100M, and now a 3V
Battery Holder 2. What's next? Should we, just in case, check if this OM-7007Ti
Black wasn't released after all, and Oly just "forgot" to advertise it?

Btw, does this 1992 Olympus US price list contain other units that are not part
of
the e-SIF? And I suppose that this Battery Holder 2 is now discontinued, since
it
doesn't appear on a 1998 Dutch price list. Or doesn it still exist on recent US
price lists?

Btw 2, this Dutch price list contains some units I thought were discontinued.
The
AF 50mm/F2.8 Macro, the PF 70-210mm/F3.5~4.5, the Flash Extender for the
T20/T32,
and... 3V Battery Holder 1. Yes the "1", but still no "2". Maybe the "2" was
never
marketed in Europe?

H@nz