Re: Sv: [OM] More info on Prototype Zuikos?

Subject: Re: Sv: [OM] More info on Prototype Zuikos?
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 09:14:51 -0500
I for one want to see that 160/3.5. That'd be a new one. Do you pictures of the 100/2, 160/3.5, 500/5.6, 800/9 , or the1200/14? Or are they just drawings?

Now that I look at my 1973 OM-1 brochure, I DO see a 100/2 listed on the System Chart. That was long before it's time.

I was looking closer at the lens group photo. and every lens that had the serial number visible was # 100001. That certainly was the prototype group. They were making production lenses though at that time. As a converse, there are various S#'s mounted on bodies throughout the brochure:

50/1.8: 100011, 171383
50/1.4: 113114, 148619, 125569,
55/1.2: 105073 (twice pictured), 100001
135.3,5: 116510

Also, in the big, 2-page system photo I also noticed that all 13 bodies say M-1 on them and the lenses say M-System. All the other body pictures save the M-1 body on the Copy stand on the Close Up Group page are of OM-1's.

Does anyone know if there were any M-1 brochures distributed or printed? I've never seen any.

Skip