Re: [OM] coatings

Subject: Re: [OM] coatings
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:21:05 -0800
=====I wonder if the 100/2.8 just might be an exception to the "rules" here.
have a silver-nosed, non-MC marked lens that doesn't have any of the normal
SC reflections, but has many of the normal MC reflections.  Its serial
number of 1306xx tells me that it is not a "new" lens by any means, but the
silver nose and without MC markings it would have to be earlier than when
the MC lenses took over.  I wonder if Olympus had slipstreamed coating
improvements into the line before the marketing department had a chance to
get their slimy fingers involved.======

I have before me a 100 f2.8 with no sc or mc markings.
It has a black nose and is seriel #166xxx.
Also Before me is a 85 f2 with silver nose seriel #107xxx
no mc or sc markings.  I am sure they are both sc and reflect the same.
Being that the black nose is newer than the silver nose
I would say that the rules are in tact.
Perhaps your lens has been in the shop and a different front thingy
was put on in place of a bent one.  Hence the silver nose on a mc lens.

Ahhh, look at these beauties!  I need to go fondle them and maybe
even shoot with them.

I may even shoot into the sun.

Charlie L.
Son of Icarus