[OM] Lens Purchase...Am I Too Picky???

Subject: [OM] Lens Purchase...Am I Too Picky???
From: Jim Mueller <webnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 18:18:50 -0600
Recently, I bought a Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 from ebay. It was advertised,
"Condition is mint, there's no wear and the glass is perfect." This was
from a retail Camera store in Arizona.

I paid $71 plus shipping. Not exactly a 'deal', but I wanted it. Based
on the description, I was willing to pay the money.

However, after getting it I found a few small problems. The front cap
has a big glue spot on it. It did not clean up very well with alcohol.

The knurled aperture ring has a few tiny silvered wear spots. The lens
glass has a small, but dark, speck of dust inside. Over all, the lens
looks near mint. Cosmetically, it's in about the same condition as my
other two Zuikos, which is pretty damn nice.

I'm inclined to just keep it. However, I emailed the proprietor and
requested a new front cap.

--
jim mueller