RE: [OM] Cold batteries & OMs

Subject: RE: [OM] Cold batteries & OMs
From: Dave Bulger <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 06:03:53 -0600
>> I'll keep bodies warm & batteries spare in my pocket.

>25 degrees F (= -4C) is not cold - are Utah's mountains really
>that warm in winter?

Yes.  At least parts of 'em.  Moab, UT & Arches NP in early March of this
year was 75F+ during the day -- enough temp & clear air to give the tops of
my ears a good little sunburn.  In Zion, I'm told that winters are mild --
50F+ during the day dropping to low 30's at night.  Bryce Canyon is another
story -- highs in the 30's and lows in the lower 20's.  I would guess much
of it is a matter of altitude.

Dave