Re: [OM] 100mm

Subject: Re: [OM] 100mm
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 06:14:22 -0700
At 08:42 PM 11/24/99 -0500, Lou Riina wrote:

>What is the difference b/w zuiko 100mm F/2.8 and a 100 mm 1:2.8 are these
>the same lenses they seem to come packaged with different add-ons.

The two alternate notations you used (F/2.8 and 1:2.8) are simply different but
equivalent ways of referring to maximum aperture of the lens.  (There's a
redundant sentence if ever I wrote one!)

If they come packaged with different stuff as used lenses, it's probably
because the vendor(s) got them that way in the first place.  If new, I have no
idea, but one might be a more recent manufacturing run, and Oly might have
changed the minimum amount of stuff (caps, hood, etc.) that came with the lens
during its production lifecycle.

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/