Re: [OM] Cold batteries & OMs

Subject: Re: [OM] Cold batteries & OMs
From: Bob Sull <w8imo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 10:44:53 -0500
Dave Bulger wrote:

> >> I'll keep bodies warm & batteries spare in my pocket.
>
> >25 degrees F (= -4C) is not cold - are Utah's mountains really
> >that warm in winter?
>
> Yes.  At least parts of 'em.  Moab, UT & Arches NP in early March of this
> year was 75F+ during the day -- enough temp & clear air to give the tops of
> my ears a good little sunburn.  In Zion, I'm told that winters are mild --
> 50F+ during the day dropping to low 30's at night.  Bryce Canyon is another
> story -- highs in the 30's and lows in the lower 20's.  I would guess much
> of it is a matter of altitude.
>
> Dave

Gee, I almost missed this post.  I was interested in reading the details
of the environment since I may be traveling that way next year.

I almost missed it because I saw the subject was "Cold Batteries & OMs".
Can't help but wonder how many other interesting posts I have missed
because of subject changes that were not noted in the subject line.....

Bob

--
                   //////
                  ( 0 0 )