[OM] Olympus Camedia 2500 Results -Reply

Subject: [OM] Olympus Camedia 2500 Results -Reply
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 00:20:11 -0500
Well, this just confirms what I 've concluded. I'll stay with my antiquated OM
system at least another ten years or until digital really makes film obsolete.
You say you use autolevels in Photoshop? Ack! That's the worst of all possible
adjustments in inmho. I've been using Margulis' "by-the-numbers" method from
"Professional Photoshop 5: The Classic Guide To Color Correction". I find that
once I've adjusted curves, I get consistent eye-popping results with all color
profiles and printer corrections turned off. When printing to my Epson Photo EX,
I just choose PhotoEnhance 2. When sending Tiff's out to have Chromira's made, I
just sit back and wait to be wowed. BTW, has anyone used Genuine Fractals 2.0 or
PRO? The claims for image resizing seem too good to be true. I tried it on an
11x17 scanned at 2700 dpi on a Nikon Coolscan III, and I can say it's at least
no worse than it would have been without, but I've yet to make a really big
(20x30) print from an image processed by GF.

Scott