Re: [OM] Buyers beware of 1.35V Gamex Mercury cells GM625

Subject: Re: [OM] Buyers beware of 1.35V Gamex Mercury cells GM625
From: "earthlink" <catsmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 13:26:33 -0800
I received few px625 batteries from Frank today, they are Duracell brand,
and tested at 1.35188 volts.Thanks to Frank, I now have usable batteries!!
 On the same meter I tested the Gamex brand bought from  Art Maravelis at:
http://www.gis.net/~amjas/
and they tested at 1.47960 volts. This is a highly accurate laboratory meter
on which I tested them. I have also tested them on two other less accurate
Fluke digital meters just to make sure, one meter  measured the Gamex at
1.479 V, the other meter measured 1.479V.
I have followed instructions from Mr. Maravelis on how to get the Gamex
batteries to, in his words, "settle down". I nearly depleted one battery,
and it still reads 1.45831 volts !
Mr. Maravelis claims that I am the only one to have a problem with these
batteries, he went on to tell me that one person that bought them claimed
they were the best he has seen. I find this hard to believe that for some
reason I am the only one to have to have received these way out of the
ballpark batteries.
Watch out for the Gamex brand, I do not believe they are mercury batteries,
even though the package they come in says they are.

I am open to any furthur thought, or others experience with these Gamex
brand batteries as I do not wish to put a bad rap on Mr. Maravelis, or
anyone else, just in case I am the only one with a bad experience with these
batteries.

Catmaster