[OM] RE: Bounce Grip 2

Subject: [OM] RE: Bounce Grip 2
From: "Donald MacDonald" <donald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 23:04:28 -0000
        Ben,

                I bought my BG2 a few weeks ago at Quiggs of Glasgow, and a
manual came with it. So, to take your points one at a time:

    The PC plug on mine is a snug, firm fit in the socket; maybe yours has
deformed a little in use? It may be that this is the cause of the misfires.

    For OTF flash you require a TTL Auto Connector 4 (OM2n) or 3 (OM2), then a
TTL Auto cord (0.3m is the best length) to connect the Auto Connector to the
BG2.

    Either the socket on the grip or the socket on the T32 will fire the flash.
The photos in the manual show the cord going from the TTL Auto Connector to the
socket on the base of the BG2, so this is probably the intended arrangement
with the T32. With my T20, obviously, there is no choice.

    You don't have to put batteries in the T32; with the power switch of the
gun on, power will be drawn from the C cells in the Grip; not as fast, and the
recycling time is longer. With fresh batteries in the T32 and in the BG2
recycling is so fast that I guess you could shoot sequence with a winder and
get full flash every time; it certainly looks that way. It recycles very fast.

    The socket marked 'M Grip Cord' connects between BG2 and Winder or Motor
Drive with aforesaid M Grip Cord, so that you can shoot with the button
immediately adjacent to it, on the rear of the mounting boss. And you can
operate this left or right handed, because you can turn the head and camera
around to face the other way...

    The camera can mount on the base in four different positions, by unscrewing
the mounting screw completely and re-inserting it in any of the other holes in
the base.

    I've tried it out with my T20, my T32, both at the same time (using a Multi
Connector and another TTL Auto cord), and with my Viv 283. It makes a handy
swivel platform for the 283, with the sensor on the Shoe 4.

    If there's anything else I can tell you, just let me know.

    Donald.