Re: [OM] Muliple Coatings - Long Answer

Subject: Re: [OM] Muliple Coatings - Long Answer
From: Robinsnes@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 19:21:41 EST
In a message dated 11/26/99 4:35:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Roger Skully's recent post was right on. As mentioned in an earlier post I
>  discovered some Olympus Newsletters from '73-'78. The newsletters were
>  edited by John Barras Walker, a Canadian Pro with credentials and awards a
>  mile long. I'll qoute his answer obtained via Olympus and his own testing
>  and verification. The quote is from the April 1975 newsletter.

Thanks for the corroboration of something I have known but did not have the
academic credentials in this field to assert with certainty. Now for my other
rant!
The Pop Photo bench tests mean little or nothing in the real world of viewer
subjectivity. Unless the lens is full of coke bottle grinds, large scratches,
massive growths of fungus, etc., IMHO it will take fine images. Olympus and
several other lenses are superior, I think. So much for being an "old Fart"
with a passion for those ancient mechanical cameras and lenses. Until my next
rant about OTF flash, lets go take some pictures. That's the beauty of the OM
system...small and light and fits so nicely in the hand and doesn't disturb
the brain with too many "blinkenlights." Lets you concentrate on making
images.

Roger Skully
robinsnestphotography.com