Subject: Re: [OM] Buyers beware of 1.35V Gamex Mercury cells GM625

From: Wm Biesele <wbiesele@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 22:56:32 -0700
catsmaster wrote:

>I received few px625 batteries from Frank today, they are Duracell brand,
>and tested at 1.35188 volts.Thanks to Frank, I now have usable batteries!!
> On the same meter I tested the Gamex brand bought from  Art Maravelis at:
>http://www.gis.net/~amjas/
>and they tested at 1.47960 volts. This is a highly accurate laboratory meter
>on which I tested them. I have also tested them on two other less accurate
>Fluke digital meters just to make sure, one meter  measured the Gamex at
>1.479 V, the other meter measured 1.479V.

I just tested two gaMex GM625 batteries and got voltages of 1.457 and 1.467.
Guess I'd better throw away the cheap
Radio Shack meter and get another; since I don't know how to dispose of the
Mercury cells legally.

Meanwhile, guess I'll pull the batteries out of the OM1's and use the handheld
meter with them till they're due for CLA's
from John Hermanson.

Thanks to the folks on the list who pointed this out.

Bill B.