Re: [OM] Buyers beware of 1.35V Gamex Mercury cells GM625

Subject: Re: [OM] Buyers beware of 1.35V Gamex Mercury cells GM625
From: "Dirk and Carla Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 08:17:57 -0500
>I would not normally take this kind of trouble either Dirk, except I do not
>wish any others to be duped by what seems to me a good ole case of
>mislabeling.

what I meant was that I'm too tired of the issue to deal with it right
now....

>By the way, the voltage tests, Gamex  1.47960 V vs Duracell 1.35188V were
>strictly static tests done on batteries still in the blister packs, no load
>was put on these particular batteries.

A good battery would not drop voltage under load anyway, unless the load
exceeded it's amperage capacity. If a battery *does* drop voltage under a
light load, then it has too much internal resistance for the application and
should be replaced.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright